This vintage advertising mirror for Clarnico features a beautiful chocolate assortment with vividly coloured fonts in bold styles and intricate finishes. The mirror also features a picture of the king in an oval setting with a crown design and a trademark in a golden circle with a ship picture and an intricate golden border. The sleek pine frame adds a touch of elegance to this piece.
The mirror is in excellent vintage condition with minimal signs of authentic patina. Measurement
39cm in height, 51cm in length, and 2cm in width
Clarnico is a well-known confectioner in Hackney Wick and was initially known as Clarke, Nickolls, and Coombs until 1946. The company arrived in Hackney Wick in 1879 and made and imported sweets and chocolates. Clarnico also had a reputation for taking care of its employees, giving bonuses to good workers, and even having its brass band and choir. Although Trebor Bassett took over the company, the name lives on in Bassett's Clarnico Mint Creams and the CNC Property company. Clarnico was once the largest confectioner in Britain after World War II, but it moved further across the Lee to Waterden Road in 1955, where it continued to thrive for another 20 years.